Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Transfers
Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Track Helibiking Transfers:
Our Helibike transfers for the Alps to Ocean bike trail depart from our helicopter base at Aoraki/Mount Cook Airport. From there we will transfer you and your bike/gear across the Tasman River to Tasman Point. On the short journey you will look down on the braided river as you cross with surrounding views of the Southern Alps.
We require a minimum of 2 people ($280) on our heli transfer flights but please contact us if you are a solo biker and we can look to add you to another flight ($140). We can carry a maximum of 6 bikers in one group.
Once landed at Tasman Point you can continue your biking adventure on one of New Zealand’s most scenic bike trails.
Heliworks also offer the opportunity to add a discounted scenic flight onto your transfer. This allows you to experience the breathtaking beauty of Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park from the air. Land on a pristine glacier, view hanging glaciers and blue ice before continuing your biking adventure.
Our heli bike transfer combos are offered at a special discounted rate and only available to those also choosing the bike transfer option.
Check out our Heliworks Alps to Ocean Heli Bike Transfer + Scenic Flight Combos here
Read more about the Alps to Ocean trail here.
For your scenic helicopter flight:
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes for your glacier landing
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2020.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"Pilot was so experienced and we felt safe all the way. We are glad that we have done this or else we should have missed all the amazing views this trip has to offer.
~ Trip Advisor
"Two days later and we still can't stop thinking about our Aoraki / Mt Cook helicopter trip with Mark and Kylie. The beautiful feeling of flying over and then standing and walking on the high mountains and glaciers can't be described in words."
~ Trip Advisor