Aoraki/Mt Cook Paradise
Discover the hidden beauty of Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park
This 5* rated Mt Cook scenic flight will include a helicopter flight along the whole length of the mighty Tasman Glacier. All our helicopter tours include personal commentary from your pilot. They are passionate about their backyard and will show you the hidden treasures of this National Park.
- Fly the full length of the Tasman Glacier
- Spectacular views of Aoraki/Mt Cook – New Zealand’s highest mountain
- Experience a high snow landing on the Tasman Glacier and stand in year round snow
On this helicopter tour you will discover the real highlights of the Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park.
After that you will fly the full length of the Tasman Glacier to appreciate the size and scale of New Zealand’s longest “river of ice”.
Then you will fly close to the mountain peaks, to view this incredible alpine region. You will also get amazing views of New Zealand’s highest peak -Aoraki /Mt Cook. In addition you will view hanging glaciers, blue ice and rocky mountain peaks, with photo opportunities in every direction.
Finally, your snow landing on the magnificent Tasman Glacier. Your pilot may shut off the helicopter so you can experience the ‘sound of silence”.
This really is a majestic helicopter flight which allows you to discover some of the many hidden treasures within the National Park. We provide accommodation free transfers to/from our helicopter base at Mt Cook airport.
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes for your glacier landing
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2020.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"We opted for the Aoraki/Mount Cook Paradise flight, which was 40 minutes. It was absolutely fantastic!
The pilot was a great tour guide, pointing out places of interest on the way up and down. The time on the glacier was just epic! We couldn't believe how deep the snow was!! Really pleased we did the trip!"
~ Trip Advisor
"From the moment we left the ground the experience was incredible! Words cannot describe the experience of flying over and up along the Tasman Glacier past the imposing Aoraki.
To land at the top of the Tasman Glacier was certainly a highlight and Scott's commentary and knowledge added greatly to the experience. Even the return flight down was just as incredible!
~ Trip Advisor