Aoraki/ Mt Cook Ultimate
Our Signature Mt. Cook Helicopter Tour – this is beyond comparison!
This is it! – if you have dreamt of truly experiencing the ultimate helicopter tour of the Aoraki/Mt. Cook National Park, then this signature helicopter flight will tick every box.
On a clear day you will have the opportunity to see across to both the East & West coastlines of New Zealand’s South Island at the same time!
- Fly around the summit of New Zealand’s highest mountain – Aoraki/Mt.Cook
- Experience a snow landing on the Tasman Glacier
- See icebergs on the Tasman Terminal Lake
- View blue ice, hanging glaciers and the world famous West Coast Glaciers of Fox & Franz Josef
- Coastal Views of New Zealand’s South Island
This helicopter tour is the ultimate way to view the summit of Aoraki/ Mt Cook, New Zealand’s highest peak and the spectacular surrounding National Park scenery.
Then you will experience a snow landing high up on on the Tasman Glacier and stand amongst the “natural silence” of this very special place. View hanging glaciers, spectacular rivers of ice and the other wordly blue of deep ice crevasses. To top it off on a clear day the views of the incredible West Coast and wild Tasman Sea from your seat will provide a “birds eye” view of both sides of the South Island.
Finally you will fly over the carved icebergs of the Tasman Terminal Lake on your return flight before returning to the Heliworks base.
In 55 minutes you will have experienced the Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park at its finest. Life really doesn’t get any better than this!
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2020.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"This trip was too awesome for words! We were lucky that it snowed in the Mt Cook area the night before we took our flight so there was so much fresh snow on all the surrounding mountains, plus the glacier.