Mt Cook Glacier & Lake Heli Combo
Heliworks and Glacier Explorers have combined to create a unique helicopter tour/boat cruise combo* which allows you to experience the mighty Tasman Glacier from above and up close, by water.
Cruise the Tasman Glacier Terminal Lake
First you will board Sirocco – a vessel that has been custom built to cruise the Tasman Glacier Terminal Lake. Here you will discover the lake’s many icebruges which have been carved from the glacier itself. You will be able to cruise up close to icebergs of every shape and size as well as crusing up to the terminal face of the glacier itself.
Mt. Cook Scenic Helicopter Tour
Next you will experience a Mt.Cook scenic helicopter flight which will fly you above the Southern Alps. You will have amazing views of New Zealand’s highest mountain – Aoraki/Mt Cook and see glaciers and blue ice beneath you. Your helicopter tour also includes a snow landing on top of the Tasman Glacier. Stand on top of the glacier itself with amazing photo opportunities and over 600 metres of glacier ice beneath your feet. This truly is an experience that delivers!
*This combo departs from Aoraki/Mt Cook Village
**Availability: Sep 1st – 31st May only
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes for your glacier landing
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2020.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"The snow was so soft and white when we landed that we actually sank into it and then proceeded to have snow fights and make snowmen."
~ Trip Advisor
"Wow! What an extraordinary experience! Great customer service and great quality flying. Really enjoyed my time here."
~ Trip Advisor