Mt Cook + Tasman Glacier Experience
Experience a scenic helicopter flight and glacier landing.
This Mt Cook scenic flight takes in the highlights of the magnificent scenery of the Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park. You will enjoy both views of this spectacular region and a glacier landing.
- View Aoraki/Mt Cook – the highest mountain in New Zealand
- Experience a snow landing on the Tasman Glacier
No trip to New Zealand is complete without seeing Aoraki/ Mt Cook up close by helicopter.
This popular scenic flight will show you the highlights of the National Park and it’s many spectacular features. View hanging glaciers, blue ice and deep crevasses.
Then, enjoy an unforgettable glacier landing on the mighty Tasman Glacier. You will truly experience this alpine environment when you have 600 metres of glacier ice beneath your feet. In addition you will have time on the glacier to take photographs and even throw some snowballs!
This is a Mt Cook helicopter experience you will never forget. We also offer complimentary pick ups from your Mt Cook Village accommodation.
• Season appropriate clothing
• Please wear closed toed shoes for your glacier landing
• All prices quoted are valid until 30th September 2020.
• Prices are quoted per person in NZ currency. They are inclusive of GST
• A minimum of two passengers are required for all Heliworks Queenstown scenic flights.
• Private Flight - We can make any of our standard scenic flights a private flight but we would require that you pay for 3 seats in our EC120 or 5 seats in our AS350 Squirrel for us to guarantee this.
• 48 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a 50% charge will be required.
• Flights depart on demand and are subject to availability.
• Flights depart from either our base in Queenstown or Aoraki/Mt Cook - please check the base location of your flight when booking.
• Infants 3 and under are free of charge and are required to sit on an adults knee. Children 4-12 years of age are 70% of the full adult fare.
• Children must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult.
• For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking.
• We reserve the right to change prices at any time without further notice. However, if we have confirmed an advance booking the quoted price will not be altered.
• We accept EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, AliPay and cash.
• We retain the right to charge a credit card surcharge on all transactions.
• For exclusive charter/group bookings we may require a 10% deposit to confirm. Any deposits are deducted from final payments and are not an additional charge. All deposits are NON REFUNDABLE from the time of payment unless a flight is cancelled due to weather conditions on the day.
"We flew over glaciers while circling Mt. Cook, eventually landing on the Tasman Glacier. Many thanks to Heliworks and our wonderful pilot for making this one of the highlights of our trip to New Zealand."
~ TA 2018
"Don't know where to start…! This was an experience we will never forget, it was incredible! We took a helicopter flight which included landing on the Tasman Glacier.
Our pilot was fantastic and was able to calm any fears we had beforehand. The flight was smooth and the scenery was spectacular.
This was definitely our number one highlight from our New Zealand trip! Thank you to everyone at Heliworks for making it happen!
~ TA 2017